* Britain’s Mo Farah won his 1st World title over 10,000m.
* Edna Kiplagat of Kenya became the 1st women ever to retain the world marathon title.
* Usain Bolt of Jamaica regained the 100m title.
* Britain’s Christine Ohuruogu qualified 2nd fastest for the 400m final.
* Tirunesh Dibaba of Ethiopia won her 5th world title, maintaining her unbeaten record over
* Britain’s Christine Ohuruogu won the 400m regaining her world title & setting a new British
record of 49.41 seconds.
* Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce of Jamaica won the 100m.
* David Oliver of the US won 110m hurdles.
* Valarie Adams of New Zealand won her 4th straight shot but title.
* Raphael Holzdeppe of Germany won in the pole vault.
* Pawel Fajdek of Poland won the men’s hammer.
* Britain’s Dai Greene was eliminated in the semi finals of the 400m hurdles.
* Britain’s Perri Shakes Drayton moved into the final of the women’s 400m hurdles.
* Yelena Isinbayeva of Russia won her 3rd world pole vault title.
* LaShawn Merritt of the US won 400m final.
* Ganna Melnichenko of the Ukraine won the heptathlon. Britain’s Katarina Johnson-Thompson
came in 5th with a personal best.
* Britain’s Greg Rutherford failed to qualify for the long jump final.
* Britain’s Sophie Hitchon was 2m short of qualifying for the Women’s Hammer final.
* Roberts Heffernan of Ireland won the 50km walk.
* Zuzanna Hejnova of the Czech Republic won gold running a 2013 best time of 52.83 in the
Women’s 400m hurdles.
* Abeba Aregawl of Sweden won the Women’s 1500m final.
* Bohdan Bondarenko of the Ukraine made gold in the high jump. Britain’s Robbie Grabarz
missed out on a medal.
* Jehue Gordon of Trinidad & Tobago won the Mn’s 400m hurdles.
* Britain’s Mo Farah won the 5,000m making him the 2nd man in history to achieve the
Olympic & World ‘double-double’. (5,000m & 10,000M)
* Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce of Jamaica won the 200m.
* Britain’s Adam Gemili qualified for the final of the 200m. He became the 2nd British man to
run it in under 20 seconds.
* David Verburg, Tony McQuay, Arman Hall & LaShawn Merritt of the US won the Men’s 4x400m.
* Usain Bolt of Jamaica won the 200m.
* Brianna Rollins of the US wins the Women’s 100m ahead of Britain’s Tiffany Porter who claimed the bronze medal.
* Russia won gold in the Women’sthe 4x400m. Britains’s Eilidh Child, Shana Cox, Margaret Adeoye & Christine Ohuruogu won bronze.
* Meseret Defar of Ethiopia won the Women’s 5,000m.
* Stephen Kiprotich of Uganda won the men’s marathon.
* Jamaica won the Men’s 4x400m making Usain Bolt the most successful athlete in history. Britain finished 3rd but were disqualified for an illegal change over.
* Jamaica’s women won the 4x100m. Britain came 3rd after France were disqualified.
* Asbel Kiprop of Kenya won the 1500m.
* Teddy Tamgho of France won the triple jump.
* Eunice Sum of Kenya won the 800m.
* Christina Obergfoll of Germany won the javelin.
BRITISH TEAM FOR MOSCOW:
100m: Harry Aikines-Aryeetey, Dwain Chambers, James Dasaolu.
200m: James Ellington, Adam Gemili, Delano Williams.
400m: Nigel Levine.
800m: Andrew Osagie, Michael Rimmer.
1500m: Chris O’Hare.
5000m: Mo Farah.
110mH: William Sharman.
400mH: Dai Greene, Sebastian Rodger, Rhys Williams.
3000mSC: James Wilkinson.
Long Jump: TBA.
High Jump: Robbie Grabarz.
Pole Vault: Steve Lewis.
Discus: Brett Morse.
Decathlon: Ashley Bryant.
20km Race Walk: Alex Wright.
4x100m: Aikines Aryeetey, Chambers, Dasaolu, Ellington, Gemili, Richard Kilty, Andrew Robertson, Deji Tobais.
4x400m: Michael Bingham, Jamie Bowie, Luke Lennon-Ford, Levine, Martyn Rooney, Conrad Williams, Delano Williams.
100m: Asha Philip.
200m: Anyika Onuora, Jodie Williams.
400m: Christine Ohuruogu.
800m: Jessica Judd, Laura Muir, Marilyn Okoro.
1500m: Hannah England, Laura Weightman.
100mH: Tiffany Porter.
400mH: Meghan Beesley, Eilidh Child, Perri Shakes-Drayton.
3000mSC: Eilish McColgan.
Long Jump: Shara Proctor, Lorraine Ugen.
Hammer: Sophie Hitchon.
Heptathlon: Jessica Ennis-Hill, Katarina Johnson-Thompson.
Marathon: Sonia Samuels, Susan Partridge.
4x100m: Philip, Hayley Jones, Annabelle Lewis, Ashleigh Nelson, Bianca Williams, Dina Asher-Smith, Williams.
4x400m: Margaret Adeoye, Child, Shana Cox, Kirsten McAslan, Kelly Massey, Christine Ohuruogu, Victoria Ohuruogu, Onuora, Shakes-Drayton.
Team list taken from BBC Sport.